One year ago, Jesuit Refugee Service Serbia started to provide accommodation to beneficiaries from vulnerable groups of refugees in the “Pedro Arrupe” Integration House.
On May 3, 2017, two beneficiaries started to use this service, which provides complete care for unaccompanied and separated children. Since then, 19 children under the age of 15 have used this service. At the moment, we have 7 of them with us.
All the beneficiaries receive a formal education in the Republic of Serbia, attend school regularly, and participate in various types of extracurricular and sports activities. Even though the number of beneficiaries doesn’t seem big, we have dealt with many vulnerable cases and psychological problems in the previous year and we feel very proud of the results and everything we have accomplished.
We would like to thank the institutions and partner organizations that have contributed to our efforts:
- Ministry of Labor, Employment, Veterans and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Education
- City Center for Social Welfare Belgrade
- Commissariat for refugees and migrants
- Rade Drainac elementary school
- Branko Pešić school for education of adults
- High school for textile design
- Psychosocial Innovation Network (PIN)
- Belgrade Center for Human Rights
- LDS Charity
- Foundation Ana i Vlade Divac
- Info Park
- Refugee Aid Miksalište
- SOS Children village Serbia
- UNHCR Serbia
- UNICEF Serbia
- UNFPA in Serbia
- International Aid Network (IAN)
- Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Asylum Protection Center (APC)
- ADRA Serbia
Finally, there are two institutions whose support and full cooperation goes beyond the boundaries of business cooperation, and turns into true friendship and communion for the benefit of those who we exist to serve: Philanthropy foundation and The International School of Belgrade.
We will continue to diligently serve refugees. Please contact us if you would like to support our work.
Your JRS Serbia Team